Featured events


7-9 September 2012
Brussels Games
Brussels

Brussels Gay Sports will offer a weekend of fun and fairplay in the capital of Europe, with volleyball, swimming, badminton, and tennis, as well as fitness and hiking.

Learn more HERE.
26-28 October 2012
QueergamesBern
Bern, Switzerland

The success of the first edition of the QueergamesBern proved the need for an LGBT multisport event in Switzerland. This year will be even bigger, with badminton, bowling, running, walking, floorball.

Learn more HERE.
17-20 January 2013
Sin City Shootout
Las Vegas
The 7th Sin City Shootout will feature softball, ice hockey, tennis, wrestling, basketball, dodgeball, bodybuilding and basketball.

Learn more HERE.

13-16 June 2013
IGLFA Euro Cup
Dublin
After this year's edition in Budapest at the EuroGames, the IGLFA Euro Cup heads to Dublin for 2013, hosted by the Dublin Devils and the Dublin Phoenix Tigers.

Learn more HERE.

Friday, July 23, 2010

Chicago Athlete profile: Roger Bashore, track and field

Jim Budzinski from Outsports.com gives us a first person profile of Chicago track athlete Roger Bashore.

"My involvement in the Gay Games began with the New York closing ceremonies in 1994. I handed out information and buttons for one of the sponsors. At that time, participating in the Gay Games hadn’t crossed my mind. A few years before, I put my racing shoes away and retired from competition.

Prior to Gay Games V in Amsterdam, a friend of mine approached me to run in a 4×400-meter relay team with him. I wasn’t competing seriously at the time, so it was an interesting proposal and I decided to go. Although the relay team never came to be, I had a great experience in Amsterdam and won a bronze medal in the 1,500 meters. I have participated in every Gay Games since.

There have been highs and lows over the years. I had the flu in Sydney in 2002 but had a great time anyway. I only got to run the 800- meter prelims on the track before spending a few days in bed. By the end of the week, I had recovered enough to run the 10K road race and came away with a gold. My partner and I used our time on the other side of the world to explore New Zealand and the Great Barrier Reef. It was an amazing trip that we may have never had if it wasn’t for the Gay Games."

Read full article HERE.

No comments: