This is a demonstration of the success of FVV as a club, and its ability to earn recognition within mainstream sport, while remaining faithful to its mission as an LGBT sports club.
To be considered for the award, clubs in FVV's category (from 500 to 1500 members) had to demonstrate outstanding performance in at least three of the following criteria:
- Services for specific groups such as older people, children in preschool, family, integration services for disabled people, immigrants, the disadvantaged
- Initiatives in health-oriented sport (back pain, healthy heart, etc.)
- Youth services such as leisure and popular sports, international events, participation, etc.
- Cooperation within a network with other institutions and associations such as schools, clubs, church groups, gyms, etc.
- Promotion, production and maintenance of volunteerism
- New-member recruitment
- Activation of passive members, such as the elderly, culture, travel
- Innovative board work, such as new board structures
The cash prize of 2000 euros will be an important contribution to the development of the club, and in particular to its noted outreach programs.
The FGG is please to congratulate FVV on winning this prize, and very proud to include the club as a member!