Cleveland and Akron and all of Northeast Ohio are looking forward to welcoming the world for Gay Games 9 in 2014.
Here are 9 great museums that await you when you come to the world's largest sport and culture festival open to all:
- Cleveland Institute of Art: Founded in 1882, The Cleveland Institute of Art is an independent college of art and design. CIA's Reinberger Galleries present an outstanding lineup of exhibitions.
- International Women's Air and Space Museum: Discover the achievements of women in aviation and space through exhibits that include an aerobatic plane and a hands-on mission control console.
- Great Lakes Science Center: Home to the NASA Glenn Visitor Center, hundreds of hands-on exhibits, a six-story OMNIMAX Theater and the Steamship William G. Mather.
- Cleveland Museum of Natural History: From dinosaurs to diamonds, the museum is a beautiful blend of traditional and interactive galleries related to history, art and the natural world.
- Akron Art Museum: The acclaimed new facility showcases regional, national and international art created since 1850. The collection ranges from American Impressionism to contemporary art. Special exhibitions present celebrated artists.
- Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum: Where else can you relive the soundtrack of your life? Over 50 exhibits, dynamic cinema presentations plus the largest single collection of rock and roll artifacts.
- Cleveland Museum of Art: One of the nation's most preeminent art museums, featuring 6,000 years of the world's great art and significant special exhibitions. The current expansion project is re-imagining the museum - visit soon and enjoy the most recently opened galleries on its campus!
- Museum of Contemporary Art, Cleveland: As Cleveland's forum for interpreting culture through contemporary visual art, The Museum of Contemporary Art (MOCA) connects visitors to the dynamic art and ideas of our time.
- Pro Football Hall of Fame: The names are revered. The plays forever etched in the collective memory of football fans everywhere. They are the giants of this game.