Featured events


7-9 September 2012
Brussels Games
Brussels

Brussels Gay Sports will offer a weekend of fun and fairplay in the capital of Europe, with volleyball, swimming, badminton, and tennis, as well as fitness and hiking.

Learn more HERE.
26-28 October 2012
QueergamesBern
Bern, Switzerland

The success of the first edition of the QueergamesBern proved the need for an LGBT multisport event in Switzerland. This year will be even bigger, with badminton, bowling, running, walking, floorball.

Learn more HERE.
17-20 January 2013
Sin City Shootout
Las Vegas
The 7th Sin City Shootout will feature softball, ice hockey, tennis, wrestling, basketball, dodgeball, bodybuilding and basketball.

Learn more HERE.

13-16 June 2013
IGLFA Euro Cup
Dublin
After this year's edition in Budapest at the EuroGames, the IGLFA Euro Cup heads to Dublin for 2013, hosted by the Dublin Devils and the Dublin Phoenix Tigers.

Learn more HERE.

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

"Golden Skate" salutes pride month: Nick Traxler

A great series of profiles from Golden Skate. Here, Nick Traxler:

Nick Traxler

American ice dancer Nick Traxler came out to friends and family when he was 17 years old, long before he made his debut on the senior level at the U.S. Championships.

“I always felt confident that my skating friends and coaches would support me, and they did,” Traxler said. “Not only were they accepting of my coming out, but they were overwhelmingly supportive and affirming.”

Known for his personal motto ‘Let your sexy shine’, Traxler is currently looking for a new partner with whom to compete. He credits his career as a figure skater for helping him to grow into the confident gay man that he is today.

“I was never made to feel like an outcast,” he said. “Instead I was always encouraged to be myself. It has been 13 years since I came out, and it is because of my involvement in figure skating that I have had the confidence and support system to live my life to the fullest.”

A resident of Dallas, Traxler will celebrate pride with his city a little later in the year.

“Dallas is weird, and we don’t have our Pride celebration until September,” he laughed. “I plan on celebrating with friends by going to the parade and by letting my sexy shine as usual.”

No comments: