The members of Rainbow City Band look forward to welcoming you to Seattle in October, 2011. You'll join over 200 other LGBT and allied musicians as we rehearse with our gifted team of conductors, participate in a variety of workshops of interest to the LGBT and music communities, and provide a memorable musical experience to our audience in Seattle.
Please explore the Lights... Camera... Action! website (see the menus above) to learn more about the weekend that awaits you. Begin the registration process using the button in the upper-right corner, and don't forget to invite your partners and friends to join you in Seattle for a great conference!
Conference Activities and Schedule
The tentative weekend schedule includes these activities:
- music rehearsals with our fantastic array of conductors
- two workshop sessions during which you may select from a variety of topics to develop musical and leadership skills, encourage the exchange of ideas and experiences among participants, and network with other LGBA members addressing similar opportunities and challenges
- a welcome reception Thursday evening and social event Saturday evening to meet other participants and unwind between other events
- an optional land and water tour of Seattle to experience local sights and local humor
- a spectacular gala concert at Seattle's McCaw Hall featuring music from the cinema!
The schedule also allows time to explore Seattle, grab a quick bite or elegant meal at one of many restaurants in the area, or deepen your cinematic experience by catching a film at the Seattle Gay & Lesbian Film Festival.
Jazz Band and Color Guard Options
Lights... Camera... Action! will present opportunities for paticipants with color guard skills or an interest in jazz performance to share their talents with our fans in Seattle and with their fellow participants.
An auditioned jazz ensemble will join the concert band on stage at our gala concert, performing arrangements of more music from the movies. Participants have the option of participating in the concert band, the jazz ensemble, or both; note that if you are selected to perform in the jazz ensemble, the rehearsal schedule conflicts with the optional Friday evening tour of Seattle. If you purchase a tour ticket when registering and are later selected for the jazz ensemble, we will refund your ticket purchase if you do not wish to give it to somebody else.
Rainbow City Band's color guard, spinOUT, will host other color guard members to jointly rehearse and perform a routine to accompany a portion of the concert band's mainstage performance. Guard members at all levels of ability are encouraged to join us for this unique performance opportunity. The rehearsal schedule for color guard members is subject to facility scheduling, but will be aligned as closely as possible to the concert band rehearsal schedule. The guard rehearsal facility is located just down the street from our host hotel.