The Federation of Gay Games is supporting efforts of the London Organising Committee for the Olympic Games (LOCOG) to make the 2012 Summer Olympics diverse and inclusive.
LOCOG is keen that all aspects of the Games respect its commitment to diversity and inclusion, and this includes its volunteer force.
To do this, LOCOG has reached out to the FGG to support the recruitment of LGBT sports volunteers.
Applications are open for two more days only to the public for generalist roles
FLAG YOUR APPLICATION!
* Make sure you use the Diversity and Inclusion section of the application to indicate that you are applying as an LGBT volunteer.
* To request a code that you can enter with your application that will flag your application as coming from the FGG, write immediately to email@example.com.
- 15 September 2010: Applications open to the public for generalist roles and continue for specialist roles
- December 2010: LOCOG will start inviting short-listed applicants to a selection event*
- February 2011-February 2012: Selection events will take place and all invited applicants will be interviewed.
- Late 2011: LOCOG will start sending out offers to successful applicants.
- February 2012: Orientation training will begin.
- March 2012: Role-specific training will begin.
- April 2012: Distribution of uniforms and accreditation passes will begin.
- June 2012: Venue training will begin.
*This is a mandatory step, which includes an interview. It will take place at one of several UK locations.
You are responsible for your own expenses, including for travel, for all events and training sessions as well as at the Games themselves. We regret that this will limit the number of members of the FGG family who will be able to volunteer, but encourage those who can do this to consider applying.
FOR ALL INFORMATION ON VOLUNTEERING AND TO APPLY, VISIT THE LOCOG WEBSITE:
We recommend that you visit the site now so as to become familiar with the roles and responsibilities of volunteers, and to make filing your application faster and easier.
And please let us know what happens! We would love to share the stories of LGBT volunteers at the 2012 Olympics from start to finish. Write firstname.lastname@example.org with your stories, suggestions, and any other feedback about the 2012 Olympics.