Featured events


7-9 September 2012
Brussels Games
Brussels

Brussels Gay Sports will offer a weekend of fun and fairplay in the capital of Europe, with volleyball, swimming, badminton, and tennis, as well as fitness and hiking.

Learn more HERE.
26-28 October 2012
QueergamesBern
Bern, Switzerland

The success of the first edition of the QueergamesBern proved the need for an LGBT multisport event in Switzerland. This year will be even bigger, with badminton, bowling, running, walking, floorball.

Learn more HERE.
17-20 January 2013
Sin City Shootout
Las Vegas
The 7th Sin City Shootout will feature softball, ice hockey, tennis, wrestling, basketball, dodgeball, bodybuilding and basketball.

Learn more HERE.

13-16 June 2013
IGLFA Euro Cup
Dublin
After this year's edition in Budapest at the EuroGames, the IGLFA Euro Cup heads to Dublin for 2013, hosted by the Dublin Devils and the Dublin Phoenix Tigers.

Learn more HERE.

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Human Rights Campaign and Compete Magazine support Ben Cohen's US tour

From Compete:

As one of the sponsors of the Ben Cohen American Acceptance Tour ("Stand Up Against Homophobia and Bullying"), Compete Sports Media is happy to report some new sponsors as well---HRC and David von Storch of Washington, D.C.

According to "Team Ben" : "David's company is opening a brand new $4 million, 7500 square foot restaurant named 901, and has offered his sexy new restaurant for a two tiered VIP event on Wednesday night, May 25th. We expect close to 200 guests in attendance. This is incredibly generous, and to quote David after he learned more about our tour: ' This is very compelling and I fully support your effortsl. We would be delighted to play a significant role in helping Ben and his team achieve success in spreading this important message.'"

In addition, Ben Cohen will be writing entries for a blog hosted by Compete:

Hello Everyone!

Thank you to Compete Sports Media for teaming up with us so that I can bring you all the news about my first ever Ben Cohen Acceptance Tour.

Many people ask me how I started on my quest to stand up against bullying and work alongside my friends in the gay community to stand up for love and equality. When I think about this question I find it difficult to answer. The reality is that it just felt right. I believe if you are privileged to have a 'voice', you should use it to make a difference, and that is exactly what I am doing.

Through my blog on Compete Network I will be keeping you up to date with how the tour is going and also I'll let you into a few behind the scenes secrets as well. We'll have a bit of fun.

It will also be an opportunity to highlight some things that we as a team are learning along the way.

ben-cohen-april25As a straight man I had no idea how the thoughtless, cruel actions of others were destroying the lives of so many in the LGBT community. It was something that had not crossed my radar. Then when I started to get to know some of my gay friends and colleagues and we began to receive emails
and messages telling is stories of bullying and harassment, I realised what was going on, and even more importantly, I knew I had to do something about it.

Our tour is about bringing awareness to everyone on this planet. Through every communication method possible, we will be asking people from all walks of life to stand up with us against the bullies. Never has the saying 'together we are stronger' been more appropriate.

So this is my first 'Ben Cohen shout out' asking you to join the team and spread the word. As we prepare to take the tour on the road, think how you can get involved and let's go out there and make a difference.

Until next time, best wishes. Ben.

No comments: